Life Transition Coaching
Endings and new beginnings
Life transition coaching recognises that meaningful change begins with the sense an ending. We have to let go of the old thing before we can pick up the new – not just outwardly, but within ourselves, where we keep our connections to the people, places, and beliefs that have in the past acted as definitions of who we are.
Recognizing the need for change
Life transitions are often signaled by a growing frustration and discontent with the lives we are living it at the moment. We recognise the need to re-examine our life, our priorities and our sense of vocation or calling.
Making the most of transitions: making the most of change
Recognizing our need for change can evoke old fears and apprehensions, as well as open up new hopes, and dreams some of which may lie outside our present comfort zones.
Reinvent and reinvest yourself
Major life transitions (however defined) require that we in some way re-invent and re-invest ourselves within a new context and sometimes with new people as we outgrow our old limiting beliefs and restrictive attitudes. This will require a new kind of courage as we let our renewed identity and creative energy awaken us to a new sense of meaning and purpose to life.
The life-coaching agenda
So the coaching agenda will be entirely up to you and will depend on what you really want and the specific context within which you are seeking change and personal growth. I will coach you through the process of a successful ‘transition’ from where you are now to where you want to be in the future.
The dynamics of life transition coaching
A life crisis presents an opportunity to dissolve old habits and to create an identity better suited to your changed circumstances or desire for change.
- Recognise your goal or crisis and your desire for change
- Define exactly what you want
- Examine your situation and present circumstances
- Evaluate your world-view or ‘model of the world’
- Experience your feelings and emotions
- Experience your personal identity
- Identify limiting or negative thinking
- Enter paradox and confusion
- Experience complexity and chaos
- Let a renewed identity emerge
- Enjoy a renewed consciousness and sense of purpose
- Consult your inner wisdom for further guidance